« The new sight at musical pedagogic and creative development in training to music ».
Creative meetings, seminars, the master class, lectures, employment by improvisation, lessons of the composition of music for guitarists.
The author of the project - composer Igor Rekhin, the honored worker of arts of Russia,
I.Rekhin became known in the country and abroad first of all as the author of a unique cycle « 24 preludes and fugues for a guitar ». Popularity in circles of guitarists was received also with his other compositions: suite «Hommage a Heitor Villa Lobos », "Havana" and "Russian" concerts for guitar and symphonic orchestra, two sonatas, «Spring flowers» and TA-BO-SA for flute and guitar. More as than 50 pieces for guitar - solo and the ensembles written by the composer especially for children. That are: cycles "Day by day" (24 pieces on development of creative activity), "Step by step" for guitar duo and others compositions. All its guitar compositions are issued in 1991-93 of Russia. More than 20 compositions of the composer are published in Germany, France, Japan, and the USA. His guitar music with success is executed in concerts and at various Russian and international musical festivals in Moscow, S.Petersburg, Bratislava, Berlin, Gdansk and many other cities. Among known Russian guitarists of his music: Honored workers of arts of A.Frauchi, N.Komoljatov, winners of the Russian and international competitions of D.Illarionov, V.Tervo, Katrin Hohman (Germany), duo Dagmar Szebestova (flute) and Joseph Zhapka (Slovakia) and many others. In Russia, Slovakia, Canada and Germany are released many CD which guitar compositions by Igor Rekhin.
I.Rekhin are the judge of many national and international musical competitions, in 1996 has based in Moscow the Russian section of the European guitar teachers Association (EGTA), in 1998 - the International guitar academy in Moscow. He is the author of the project of competition of young musicians « Music of XX century » and constant chairmans its jury, the musical head of a musical holiday « Viva la Musica », taking place some years in one of musical schools of Moscow. He writes plenty of articles and the reviews published in various editions in Russia, Germany, Poland, and Brazil. Since 1993 I.Rekhin is invited as the musical editor of magazine " Guitarist " where prints the numerous materials devoted to guitar, guitar music and guitarists. Among publications of last years his article « Composers and guitarists of Latin America » (subjective notes of the composer in the form of a suite), published in magazine " Guitarist " ¹1 for 2002. In 2004 magazine " Guitarist " started to print his big article « Variations on a theme the Guitar in Russia » which continuation is planned in the following releases. In August was print his article « The Way to my 24 preludes and fugues for guitar in the collection « Processes of musical creativity », #7, Moscow. 2004, the Russian Academy of Music.
More than 20 years he take part in work various musically - pedagogical seminars and courses of improvement of qualification for teachers, acts at conferences, festivals with lectures and the master classes and many other cities of Russia. He invite to take part in work of various musical festivals and seminars in Germany, Poland, England, Cuba, Czech Republic, has acted with public lectures on a theme « the Guitar in Russia » in Berlin and musical college of Dublin.
In January 2004 in the International guitar Academy in Saint Petersburg he has held a creative meeting with the guitar teachers who have arrived on employment from all Russia. He has been devoted with theme « Guitar music for children and polyphony on guitar ». Students have got acquainted with his known cycles "Day after day" and "Step by step" both some preludes and fugues from a cycle « 24 preludes and fugues » for a guitar solo. Besides he was engaged in collective improvisation with the guitar orchestra consisting of 25 teachers of guitarists and fans, arrived with all regions of Russia.
In February 2004 have passed his creative meetings in musically pedagogical institute in Tambov and at courses of improvement of qualification in Saratov, in April in Damask conservatories (Syria) have been organized his creative meetings with students - guitarists and violoncellists, and take his master classes with students - composers. In May, in Volgograd, his creative meeting with teachers of guitar and has been given the small master class of collective improvisation. For students and guitarists of school and musical - pedagogical Institute in Volgograd he has lead the master classes on a theme « Performance of music from the point of view of the composer ». At guitar festival in Kaluga (in May) he has acted with lecture « Problems of guitar music and interpretation ». In June, in Gomel (Byelorussia) was engaged in collective improvisation with the international guitar orchestra consisting of students and teachers - guitarists from Byelorussia and Ukraine. As a result of three days of employment the program consisting of four small various improvisations on a final concert has been prepared.
Creative meetings, lectures, seminars, master classes, improvisation in ensemble.
I. Meeting: « Portrait of the composer ».
As a rule, the creative meeting can proceed from 1 h.30 m. till 2 hours. It can be lectures or seminar, or beforehand prepared by students or pupils in concert from pieces of the composer. It can be display of video and audio fragments of his music with author's comments.
During a meeting conversation can go not only about concrete musical compositions, but also philosophy of creativity, questions of musical pedagogic, repertoire and other "burning" problems.
II.lectures for teachers.
1. Creative questions of training for guitarist on a material of I.Rehin's compositions for guitar.
This creative meeting is devoted to cycles for a guitar "Day after day" (« Day by Day and "Step by step" (« Step by Step ») . At desire for this meeting teachers and the pupils playing these compositions can be involved. Besides it can be and beforehand prepared forces of students or pupils a concert from its pieces.
2. Music for guitar ensemble: duos, trios, and quartets - analysis of compositions with author's comments.
III.Creative meeting: I.Rekhin « Guitar concerts », Sonatas I,II for guitar and ensembles with participation of guitar.
The creative meeting in the form of conversation or a seminar on which Sonatas I and II for a six-string and seven-stringed guitar will sound in record, with author's comments, "Havana" and "Russian" concerts, « Flowers and TA-BO-SA
- analysis, creative problems and opportunities of interpretation.
IY. The master class: " Performance of music from the point of view of the composer ".
1.Employment is carried out in the form of small "adjusting" lecture and the master class for participants of active and passive groups. It can be teachers or pupils of teachers, fans and amateurs.
2.In active group are invited teachers or the pupils, wishing to be engaged in frameworks the master class with the program prepared of 1-2 compositions which they can play without mistakes, with his " performing sight " at the composition. It can be music of any composer of any epoch.
3.Each active participant will consider and discuss various opportunities of performance of the chosen play and a way of the further work above it.
Time of work - 30 minutes. During this time with each active participant will be considered and discussed various opportunities of performance, and way of the further work music. During work are done together with player harmonious and polyphonic analyses
Y. The master a class « Polyphony on a guitar for beginning».
Will be considered, from the point of view of polyphonic development, cycles "Day after day", " Step by step ", « Four plays for a trio of guitars », « Play in quartet ».
The master class is designed for teachers and learning guitarists of musical schools, schools and conservatories, and as for teachers of polyphony in the educational institutions wishing better to understand and execute polyphonic music. Among active participants can be and guitarists fans.
YI.The master class « Polyphony on guitar I. »
On employment in the form of small lecture the common data there will be given an analysis of construction of cycle Day by Day, Step by Step, some from « 24 preludes and fugues for guitar ».
The master a class is designed for teachers and students of guitarists of musical schools and conservatories, and as for teachers of polyphony in the educational institutions wishing better to understand and execute polyphonic music. Among active participants can be and guitarists - fans.
The master a class includes:
· Detailed analysis of the form, harmonious and polyphonic development, dynamics of executed pieces.
· The help in practical work above performance. Within 30 minutes with each active participant will be we shall consider various opportunities of performance of the chosen play and a way of the further work.
YII.Seminar : « 24 preludes and fugues for guitar » - secrets of polyphony in cycle.
It is creative meeting in the form of seminar employment for teachers and students of guitarists of musical schools and conservatories, and as for teachers of polyphony. Will be considered cycle « 24 preludes and fugues for guitar » from the point of view of use composers techniques
Among active participants can be guitarists, fans and amateurs.
In active group teachers or the pupils are invited, wishing to be engaged in frameworks the master of a class with the program prepared by them consisting of 1-2 products which they can execute without mistakes under notes and ready to show " the performing sight " at the composition. For example, it can be fugue by Bach, music by Britten or Paganini, or any composer of any epoch. Can be and other cases when the composition is already taught about performing problems.
Responses of press:
Seminar and practical work.
· « Play assiduously fugues of the big masters, it is especial I.S.Bach - taught young pianists Robert Schumann, - " Wholtemperierte Klavier " should be yours daily bread. Then you certainly will become the thorough musician ». It told by Schumann about Bachs Preludes and Fugues is possible to relate and to I.Rehin's cycle 24 Preludes and Fugues for guitar. It necessarily should sound in performance of musicians, is inquisitive looking for road to musical Olympus » - Igor Kuznetsov, professor of the Moscow conservatory, the doctor of art. (Magazine " Guitarist ", Moscow, 1998, ¹1, page 34)
· « Now guitarists have opportunity rightfully to tell, that the guitar is a high-grade concert tool on which it is possible to execute products in all 24 tonalities » - magazine « Áåëàğóñêàÿ ãiòàğà », 2003.
· The Russian composer Igor Rekhin gave a lecture during festival called The world guitar exsperiens- GFA Soundboard Summer 1999,USA.
· « In general I feel this is a sound and useful addition to the available material for children» - Classical Guitar, 1997 , UK
... 24 Preludes and Fugues for solo guitar have besides invaluable pedagogical value.. Guitar in movement " - collection of articles on problems of a guitar. G. Ricordi & Co., Munich, 1994, page 10
· " This cycle having wide influence and quality, gives the guitarists an opportunity without any comparisons and excessive to put it in one line with the known compositions for other traditional concert tools, such as a piano. All students from first up to last sound felt, that it were the best musical star hours, which they had- The Surprising world of Preludes and Fugues Igor Rekhins " after German premiere in Schweinfurt on August 27 1993 in the newspaper " Schweinfurt news "(D)
· " from Moscow there has arrived the Russian composer Igor Rekhin In parallel with his seminar he will carry out symposium on 24 Preludes and Fugues for guitar. Together with composers analysis the participants of a symposium will receive the practical instructions for work above this epoch-making composition. " " Variety and openness for new currents " - Magazine Gitarre and Laute - January- February 1994, page 23
· " The Searches Igor Rekhins in the field of guitar music are defined by combination of lyrics, bright melodically both exact and constructive idea. So it is possible to explain long-term work above a cycle " 24 Preludes and Fugues for guitar solo ". Idea to create this project has arisen in connection with 300 anniversary from birthday I.S.Bach. The old tradition of baroque music is known for a long time, but the composer has in this case new enough problems: polyphone of an opportunity of guitar. It is possible, for this reason still anybody in history of music for guitar has not written a similar cycle. The composer in the given situation had desired to expand guitar repertoire for the guitarists - performers and pupils. Continuing great traditions of Segovia, Igor Rekhin has found new means polyphone of the letter, which put guitar in one number with tools having own polyphonic engineering "- Le Cahiers de La Guitarre Paris ¹ 48,1993, page 33.
· « The first seminar was lead Moscow composer I.Rekhin. Questions of guitar repertoir, a technique of teaching were roughly discussed . » - the almanac « the Renaissance of guitar », Gomel, 1999.
· « Guitar cycles, plays and ensembles for children by Igor Rehin's - we shall directly tell, a find for teachers in music school. Analogues them are not present abroad, at us in the country »- Nikolay Komoljatov, the professor on class of guitar of the Russian musical academy, Moscow.
· « In general I feel this is a sound and useful addition to the available material for children » -Helen Lohmuller, magazine Classical Guitar (England)
· « Dynamic potential of guitar as well as the richest opportunities sonata forms are used by the composer with the big art persuasiveness. »-Lyudmila Rapatskaja, the doctor of art, the professor.( article « Overcoming guitar stereotypes », magazine " Guitarist " M.1997, ¹ 3)
· « In Byelorussia « the Havana concert » by I.Rekhin has sounded in the first time which the Gomel symphonic orchestra Concert with delight has been met by public. It is enough to tell, that the second part has been executed on "encore".-The Almanac « the Renaissance of Guitar » 2000, Gomel.
NB!The musical material in Europe can be ordered in publishing house:
Verlag Neue Musik/Margaux, Grabbeallee 15, Berlin D-13056
Verlag Vogt& Fritz, Fridrich-Stein-Strasse 10, D-8720 Schweinfurt,Editions Orphee, Inc, 1240 Clubview bulv. N., Columbus, OH43235-1226, USA.